Once you submit your film, what happens next? Great question!
1) Your film will be reviewed by a team of 5 judges from different walks of life to see if it fits the theme, timeframe, content, overall watchability, etc.
2) Your film will then be accepted or declined. You will be informed via email of our decision as soon as possible.
3) If your film is selected, you will be given a timeslot in a block of movies, either Friday, Saturday, or both, and you'll be invited to attend. You don't have to attend for your film to be shown or to win an award.
Awards will be in the following categories:
Best of the Fest
Awards 1st-3rd Best Horror Short Film 1-29 minutes
Awards 1st-3rd Best Horror Feature Film over 30 min
Prizes will be awarded at the end of the festival, but you do not need to be in attendance to win! Prizes are a trophy and bragging rights.
4) If you'd like to sell your movies, etc. you can reserve a vendor table at an additional but reduced cost. Space is at a premium, so please consider in advance if you will be requesting space. Tables will also be available in the main viewing area for a limited amount of filmmakers for additional Q&A and autographs.
5) Your film will be screened one or two times during the weekend based on the number of films accepted and submitted. We will have two screening rooms set up, and you will have the opportunity to do a Q&A at each one but this is not a requirement. If you don't want to take questions, you don't have to.
6) If your film is accepted you will be offered two passes to the festival and are invited to enjoy the weekend. If you have additional production members who would like to attend, please let us know when you submit and we will try to accommodate. Due to the limited seating in the 4th Street Theatre movies, you must purchase tickets, but you'll get a promo code for a discount.
7) Hotel space in Moberly is limited, so advanced reservations are recommended. There are also several AirBBs in and around Downtown.
8) We will provide an area just for filmmakers to relax and network. Some drinks and snacks will be provided. All filmmakers will also receive a discount at the venue concession stands with their contributor badge.
9) Did I mention a free T-shirt? Well, you get one! You'll also have the opportunity to take home an award in one of three categories and bragging rights.